- Please note the following when using the service.
- In principle, the services and transactions of Seven Bank will be described in Japanese. For the convenience of customers, other languages may also be used. However, the use of other languages will be limited, and if there is any difference between the meanings of Japanese and other languages, the Japanese meaning will take precedence.
When using the international money transfer service, you are requested to read the Service Outline, Statement of Important Matters, and
Rules of the International Money Transfer Service to understand the details of the service.
The service is only for the transfer of money from individuals in Japan to individuals overseas.
- The service is only for the transfer of money from individual customers (aged 18 and over) in Japan to receivers living overseas. It will not send money to companies.
- The service will not transfer money from overseas to Japan.
The service will send money for prescribed purposes only.
- The service will transfer money only for prescribed purposes*1, and will not transfer money for any other purposes, including the payment of import bills (for goods and services) and commercial purposes.
- Seven Bank will not handle any money transfer for which Seven Bank is required to confirm the completion of certain procedures before sending money, including prior licenses, approval, notification, and registration under the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act. For information that you are required to check before each money transfer, please clickhere.
The service will be provided within prescribed restraints of trade.
- Seven Bank has set out restraints relating to the maximum amount of transfer, countries, currencies, and the number of registered receivers. Seven Bank will accept applications for international money transfer service agreements and requests for money transfer within the restraints.*2
- Western Union or receiving locations affiliated with it may impose conditions in addition to those prescribed by Seven Bank, including, in terms of payment types and transaction value, maximum payment amounts, restraints on the frequency of payment, restraints on currencies to be used, and restraints under laws and regulations in countries to receive money.*3
- Money transfers that Seven Bank will accept will be subject to the restraints of trade of Western Union and receiving locations, and money will be received within the limits. Money to be received by Seven Bank may not be able to be received at receiving locations under the restraints.*4
- Conditions may be adopted or changed without notice.
To use the service, you will need to open a Seven Bank account and apply for an international money transfer service agreement.
- Seven Bank will screen applicants and may reject applications. Seven Bank will not disclose the details of the screening.
Money will be sent only through the Internet/mobile banking or through Seven Bank ATMs (from July 2011).
- You will be able to transfer money from your Seven Bank account (ordinary account). Money will need to be sent through your bank account.
Money will be received only at locations affiliated with Western Union.
- Money will be able to be received only at receiving locations affiliated with Western Union.
Money will not be able to be received at receiving locations in countries other than the country designated by customers.
If the customer needs to designate a state and city when designating the payout country, money may not be able to be received at receiving locations in states and cities other than the state and city designated by the customer or an adjacent state and city.
- Money transfers that Seven Bank will accept will be subject to the conditions imposed Western Union and receiving locations, and only transfers that meet those conditions can be completed. Money to be received by Seven Bank may not be able to be received at some or all of the receiving locations in the country where money is to be received.*4
- Seven Bank will not be liable for any incorrect payment, nonpayment, underpayment, or late payment attributable to Western Union or its affiliated receiving locations.*5 However, if Seven Bank and Western Union confirm after investigations based on customers' inquiries that incorrect payment or nonpayment is attributable to Western Union or receiving locations, Seven Bank will take action that it will consider appropriate, such as cancellation of the money transfer or correcting payment, taking customer preferences into account.
In principle, the receiver will receive cash in the currency specified by the customer.
- In principle, Japanese yen withdrawn from the Seven Bank account (ordinary account) will be translated into the currency designated by the customer, using the exchange rate determined by Seven Bank, and will be received.*6
- Even if Seven Bank receives money from a customer, the receiver may not be able to receive the currency designated by the customer due to the restraints of trade of Western Union and receiving locations.
- Even if the receiving location is a bank, in principle, money to be received cannot be transferred to the receiver's bank account except in certain countries including China.*7
- At certain receiving locations, the receiver will be able to receive currencies other than the currency designated by the customer or forms other than cash through separate transactions between the receiver and the receiving location. In this case, the receiver will be responsible for the separate transactions. Seven Bank will not be responsible for any expenses or losses incurred by the receiver regardless of the reason.
In principle, there will be no changes to money transfer after it is accepted.
- If you need to make changes, you will be required, in principle, to cancel the transfer and to request money transfer anew.
Seven Bank will accept cancellation by the customer only if the transferred money has not been received*8. In principle, money that will not be received 30 days after the transfer is accepted will be cancelled by Seven Bank immediately and will be returned to the customer's Seven Bank account (ordinary account).
- Please note that in the case of cancellation, of moneys, including funds to be sent that are received when the service is accepted, charges, including the send charge, and other expenses will not be returned.*4 It may take about four business days from the date of cancellation until the funds are returned.
- The telephone center of Seven Bank will accept cancellations by customers.
- If money transfer is cancelled because the money is not received 30 days after the acceptance of the transfer, the customer will not be informed of the cancellation.
Pay attention to the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) issued when money transfer is accepted and the foreign exchange rate and amount to be received shown on the transaction screen.
Please be careful not to lose your receipt.
- When accepting a money transfer, Seven Bank will issue a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) and, for money transfer to certain countries and regions, a test question and answer*9 that will be shown on the transaction screen and the receipt. The MTCN and, in certain countries, the question and answer will be requested when the receiver receives the money, so the customer is requested to convey them to the receiver and to keep them handy. Seven Bank will not be liable for any losses caused by a third party who is not the customer or receiver using this information.
- In some countries, the "Exchange Rate" or "Amount to Receive" displayed on the transaction screen may differ from the actual values for the following reasons: (1) The Japanese yen is translated into a foreign currency designated by the customer at the predetermined foreign exchange rate at the time the money is paid to the receiver or at some other point in time, (2) taxes or charges are levied at the time the money transferred is paid, or (3) the currency is translated into another predetermined currency at the predetermined foreign exchange rate at the time of payment or at some other point in time（*6）. Please click here for more information.
- Please be careful not to lose your receipt. May be used when filing for Income Tax Return. A separate fee is required for re-issue of receipt.