Notice on the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a U.S. law enacted to prevent U.S. taxpayers from avoiding their tax liabilities using accounts they hold at foreign financial institutions. Japanese financial institutions are required to comply with this law.
For individuals who wish to open a Seven Bank account, we need to confirm whether they fall within the scope of our reporting to the U.S. tax authorities under FATCA, and accordingly, we would like to check whether they have U.S. tax liabilities and to request them individually to submit additional documents as may be necessary.
- A U.S. citizen, U.S. national, U.S. permanent resident (with a Green Card)
* We also request individuals who are born in the United States to submit the necessary documents.
- A US resident
How to apply
- For opening an account without the International Money Transfer Service
An application can be made by mail.
* Please note that an application cannot be made using the My Seven Bank App or via the Seven Bank website.
- For opening an account with the International Money Transfer Service.
An application can be made using the International Money Transfer App.
* Please note that an application cannot be made online.
Please note that your application may not be accepted if you do not submit the documents necessary for compliance with FACTA.