(Handling of Customer Information)
Personal Information Protection Policy
Seven Bank, Ltd. (hereafter referred to as "Seven Bank"), placing the utmost priority on the trust and confidence of customers, shall handle information provided by customers in accordance with their request, and shall strive to keep the information accurate and confidential, according to the following approach:
1.Purpose of collecting information
Seven Bank is collecting information concerning customers to the extent of minimum necessity in order to conduct transactions with customers in safe and reliable manners and to provide better products and services to customers. Such information is used for such purposes as verifying the identity of customers and introducing new products and services to customers, and will not be used for any other purpose.
2.Type of information to be collected
The most typical type of information is a customer's address, name, date of birth, telephone number, occupation, and email address.
3.Method of collecting information
Seven Bank is principally collecting information that is described on or input into application forms, contracts and transaction documents under sufficient safety control measures implemented by Seven Bank. Seven Bank also collects information via the internet, etc.
Upon collecting information, Seven Bank discloses the purpose of use, scope of use, recipient of the information and other matters as needed.
4.Use and provision of information
Seven Bank does not disclose information to any third party without obtaining the customer's consent, excluding the following cases:
- the customer has agreed to such provision;
- such provision is deemed to be required by applicable laws and regulations, etc.;
- if necessary for the protection of human life, safety, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent;
- if necessary in particular in order to improve public hygiene or promote sound upbringing of children, and it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent; and
- if cooperation is necessary in performance of operations by an institution of the national government, local governments, or persons delegated thereby, under laws or ordinances, and it is expected that such performance would be hindered by obtaining the customer's consent.
5.Method of managing information
Seven Bank is constantly taking appropriate measures to keep customer information accurate and up-to-date. Seven Bank is also taking any and all measures to prevent unauthorized access to, and loss, alteration, divulgence and the like of, customer information.
6.Requests from customers for disclosure, correction or discontinuation
(Disclosure and correction)
If a customer requests disclosure of his/her personal information, Seven Bank, upon verifying the customer, will comply with such request so as long as there are no special circumstances. If received information is inaccurate, Seven Bank will change it to accurate information. Please contact the Telephone Center as set forth in Section 8 below.
If you do not wish to receive information from Seven Bank via direct mails or phone calls, please contact the Telephone Center as set forth Section 8 below. Seven Bank will discontinue such provision.
7.Compliance, etc. with laws and ordinances
Seven Bank will comply with laws and ordinances and other norms concerning personal information, and continuously review and make efforts to improve its personal information protection system.
8.Inquiries (Available Hours: 8:00 to 21:00 every day)
Seven Bank will make efforts to appropriately and promptly respond to inquiries and the like from customers. Please contact the following:
<Telephone Center> 0088-21-1189 (Toll Free) or 03-5610-7730 (charged)
(English) (8:00 to 21:00 every day) 0120-937-711 (Toll Free) or 03-5610-7791 (charged)
Seven Bank is a member of the following authorized personal information protection organization. The following organization accepts complaints and inquiries concerning their members' handling of personal information:
<Banking Service, etc.>
All Banks Personal Data Protection Council ( http：//www.abpdpc.gr.jp/(Japanese only) )
TEL: 03-5222-1700 or a nearby Customer Relations Center of the Japanese Bankers Association
Basic Policy Concerning the Handling of Specific Personal Information, etc.
In accordance with the "Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure" (hereafter referred to as the "Numbers Act") among others, Seven Bank, Ltd. (hereafter referred to as "Seven Bank") has established, and hereby announces, certain basic policy concerning the handling of customer's Individual Numbers and personal information containing such Individual Numbers (hereafter referred to as "Specific Personal Information, etc.") as follows.
1.Compliance with Relevant Laws, Ordinances and Guidelines, etc.
In handling customers' Specific Personal Information, etc., Seven Bank shall comply with relevant laws, ordinances and guidelines including the Numbers Act and the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information," as well as Seven Bank's rules and regulations including the Personal Information Protection Policy established and announced previously. In addition, Seven Bank shall strive to make continuous improvements concerning the handling, etc., of the customers' Specific Personal Information, etc.
2.Purpose of the Use of Individual Numbers
- (1)When acquiring the customers' Individual Numbers, Seven Bank shall notify, announce and/or specify the purpose of use and limit the handling thereof only to the extent necessary to achieve said purpose of use. Individual Numbers shall not be used for any other purposes other than those prescribed in the Numbers Act.
- (2)Seven Bank shall announce the purpose of use of Individual Numbers in the following:
- Seven Bank's website click here for details
- Pamphlets available at Seven Bank's branches
3.Security Control Measures
Seven Bank shall take necessary and appropriate security measures to manage the customers' Specific Personal Information, etc., such as the prevention of information leaks, loss and/or damage, etc. In addition, Seven Bank shall provide necessary and appropriate supervision to its employees and contractors (including subcontractors, etc.) that handle Specific Personal Information, etc.
4.Customer Support for Inquiries and Requests
- (1)Seven Bank shall strive to provide prompt and appropriate support for the customer inquiries and requests related to the handling of Specific Personal Information, etc.
- (2)Please call at the numbers provided below for any inquiries or requests concerning the handling of the Specific Personal Information, etc.
0088-21-1189 (Toll Free)or 03-5610-7730 ( charged) Service hours 8:00 to 21:00 every day
(English) 0120-937-711 (Toll Free) or 03-5610-7791 (charged) (8:00 to 21:00 every day)
Please also refer to Seven Bank's Personal Information Protection Policy which was established pursuant to the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" with regard to the handling of the customers' personal information.