Identity Verification Documents

Seven Bank confirms the identity of the account holder using identity verification documents in order to provide customers with safe and secure transactions.
The required identity verification documents vary depending on how you receive your cash card.

  • iIf you have signed up for the International Money Transfer Service, you are required to submit a document related to your individual number in addition to an identity verification document.
    More information can be found here.

Identity Verification Documents Required for Opening an Account

When Opening an Account by Mail

Please enclose "2 identify verification documents" together with the completed application form, in the return envelope we sent to you.

  • iIf there is any insufficiency in the information you have entered in an application form, an account will not be opened, and you will need to re-apply in order to open an account.
    Please note that we will not return any documents you send to us.
  • iWe strictly adhere to all laws and ordinances when handling personal information noted on identity verification documents that are provided (Refer to "Privacy Policy").
  • iFor applicants under the age of 15, the "signature and identity verification document" of the applicant's legal guardian are required in addition to the "2 identity verification documents" of the applicant.
  • iIn order to confirm the authenticity of the application, Seven Bank may call the applicant at a later date.

(1)Official Certificate (1 of the Following Documents)

An official certificate that has the same name, address and date of birth as what is entered on the application form.


Valid copies at the time received by Seven Bank

Including the back side

Copy all pages necessary to show the name, current address and date of birth.
If you are a non-working dependent, the page that shows the dependents must also be copied.
Please send the copy with the insured person's (dependent's) code and number, the insurer's number, and the 2D code (if any) blacked out.

Official Copy (Photocopies are not accepted)

Accepted by Seven Bank within 3 months after it is issued

Only an official copy of the certificate of residence is valid (it is not a photocopy).

  • iIf you are a foreign national, submit two items: (1) your residence cardor special permanent resident certificate(photocopy); and (2) your resident record (official copy; photocopy not acceptable).
    In addition, use the name field for alphabet entry on the application form for applicants with names in alphabet or in other foreign characters.
  • iPlease note that you will be asked to submit your documents again when the period of stay expires.
  • iWhen an address and the registered domicile are noted in the document, if the address and the registered domicile are different, black out the registered domicile.
  • iThe photocopy must be the actual size using A4 or B5 paper so that the top portion is not cut off.
  • An account cannot be opened under a false name or using the identity of another person. In addition, selling/buying or assignment of the account or letting other people use a cash card is prohibited by law, etc.
  • If misuse or fraud is discovered for a crime in which a bank transfer scam is carried out for an existing account or an account is opened using falsified or forged identity verification documents, measures shall be taken to suspend or terminate the account and report the event to the proper authorities pursuant to the law.