Precautions When Making an Application
Always be sure to confirm the following items before applying.
- Individuals who have resided in Japan 6 months or longer, with a limit of 1 account per person.
- The name of the account holder shall be limited to the name of the applicant only. An account cannot be opened using a name bearing a corporate name or trade name. (It cannot be used as a business account.)
- For applicants under the age of 15, identity verification documents (official certificate + receipt or invoice) for the account holder and the identity verification documents and the signature of the parent or guardian are required.
- Use the name field for alphabet entry on the application form for applicants with names in alphabet or in other foreign characters.
- Foreign nationals need: "photocopy of residence card."
- We request our customers to follow a special procedure if they fall within the category of current or former foreign PEPs or family members thereof.
For details, see here.
- When applying for other services at the same time, applicants must be of age 16 years or older for Debit Service, age 18 years or older for International Money Transfer Service , and age of 20 years or older for Loan Service. For more details, please refer to "Service Outline" for each services described.
Identity Verification DocumentsDetail
Identity verification documents are required when applying for an account* or receiving a cash card. The required identity verification documents vary depending on how you receive your cash card.
"Open an Account Online" is not available for foreign nationals. Please choose "Open an Account by Mail" instead.
- When using ID Confirmation Delivery Service: Identity verification documents (Japanese only)
- If we find out that you are foreign nationals based on the identity verification documents shown when receiving your cash card by ID Confirmation Delivery Service, we may cancel the process of your account opening.
- When using simple registered post: 2 items are required, an official certificate, which can verify the customer's name, address and date of birth, and an official copy of a receipt or invoice (telephone, electric, water, etc.). Refer to "Identity Verification Documents" for further details.
How to Receive Cash CardDetail
When Opening an Account Online (ID Confirmation Delivery Service)
- A notification from the Japan Post will arrive with instructions for receiving the mail with your cash card.
- If we find out that you received ID Confirmation Delivery with Residence Card, or Special Permanent Resident Certificate, which is different from the ID of your application form, we may cancel the process of your account opening.
- Applicants under the age of 15 or who are foreign nationals cannot receive the cash card using the ID Confirmation Delivery Service. The cash card is delivered using simple registered post. In addition, the applicant may be unable to receive the cash card using the ID Confirmation Delivery Service depending on the information entered in the account application. Therefore, the simple registered post may be used in this situation as well.
- Only the account holder who applied can receive the mail (cash card) using the ID Confirmation Delivery Service. Persons living with the account holder, such as family members, are not authorized to receive it.
- The cash card cannot be delivered in the following situations, and as a result, the new account application may be canceled.
- If the account holder does not agree to presenting identity verification documents and/or to having his or her ID number recorded, etc., when receiving the mail with the cash card.
- If the address in the identity verification document that is presented does not match the registered address.
- If the delivery of the mail with the cash card is refused.
- If the identity of the account holder cannot be confirmed.
When Opening an Account by Mail (Simple Registered Post)Within 1 or 2 weeks after the receipt of the application form, Seven Bank will send a cash card to the customer's registered address by simple registered mail (with no forwarding service). If the cash card is returned to Seven Bank due to nondelivery, etc., the new account may be canceled.
If the application for opening an account goes during the period at the end of the year and the New Year or Golden Week holidays, processing may take longer than usual.
Seven Bank ATM TransactionsDetail
At Seven Bank ATMs, a maximum of 50 bills can be withdrawn or deposited at a time. Note, for transactions that incur a service fee, a fee is charged for the number of transactions. In addition, the following transactions cannot be carried out at Seven Bank ATMs: "Fund transfer with cash," "Deposit or withdrawal with coins" and "Deposit that is less than the amount inserted."
Seven Bank ATMs may not be available due to system maintenance or regular inspection, etc.
Transactions through ATMs other than Seven Bank ATMsDetail
Transactions for Ordinary Deposit accounts are also possible at ATMs for any of the following banks: MUFG Bank, Resona Bank, Saitama Resona Bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Bank, Mizuho Bank and Japan Post Bank. However, some transactions may be different from those transactions that can be used at Seven Bank ATMs.
Access Environment for Direct Banking ServiceDetail
We recommend using the Seven Bank's prescribed access environment (OS, browser, etc.) for the Direct Banking Service.