About card renewal
A Seven Bank Cash Card with Debit Card Service has an expiry date.
If the expiry date of your current card is approaching, we will send a new Cash Card and Direct Banking Card with a renewed expiry date to your registered address. The new card will be delivered to you from near the end of the month two months prior to the expiry month of the current card.
You can use a new card upon its receipt.
Use of the Debit Card Service
Example: If the expiry month of your current card is October 2021
When you receive a new card
- ■ You can use a new card upon its receipt.
- ・When you use your new card via an ATM in Japan or for the Direct Banking Service, you will no longer be able to use your current card.
- ・Your current card will continue to be available for using the Debit Card Service until the expiry date.
- ■If you have registered your card for payment for online shopping services or other payments, please update the card information.
- ・The “Expiry Date” and “Security Code” will be changed upon the renewal of the card. If you have registered your Cash Card with Debit Card Service for payment for online shopping services or other payments, you need to update the registered card information.
Some member merchants automatically update card information. For details, please confirm with the member merchant with which you registered your card.
- ■Please be aware if you use your current card for payment of utility bills!
- ・If you registered your current card with a registration-based member merchant* for payment of utility bills, you may not be able to register your new card. Some member merchants automatically update card information and allow you to use your new card.
- ＊Registration-based member merchants are merchants with which customers register their card numbers for continuous use of the debit card service.
Ex. Utility bills (electricity, gas, water, and telephone), newspaper subscription fees, taxes, pension and insurance premiums, etc.
Your current card
- ・You can continue to use your current card until you use your new card via an ATM in Japan or for the Direct Banking Service.
- ・The current card will continue to be available for using the Debit Card Service until the expiry date.
- ・The current card will continue to be available as a nanaco Card.
- ・When you receive the new card, dispose of the current Cash Card and Direct Banking Card after cutting it into pieces using scissors (if the current card is one incorporating nanaco, use up the nanaco balance on the card).
＜How to distinguish the new card from the old card＞
Issuance date indicated on the back side of the Direct Banking Card
If you use a Cash Card with Debit Card Service incorporating nanaco
Need to use up the nanaco balance and nanaco points
- ・Upon renewal of the card, your nanaco number will be changed. The nanaco number registered for the Point Service will be replaced with the nanaco number assigned to your new card.
- ・The nanaco balance and nanaco points on your current card will not be transferred to your new card.
- ・Depending on the timing of the renewal card issuance, the debit card usage points on the 15th of the following month may be credited to the nanaco number on your current card, so please do not discard the card until then.
- ・Please use up the nanaco balance and nanaco points on the current card.
- ■If you have made a setting to display your nanaco point/money balance in the My Seven Bank App
Your nanaco number will be changed upon renewal of the card. If you have made a setting to display your nanaco point/money balance in the My Seven Bank App, please make a re-setting to your new nanaco number by following the steps shown below.
[How to make a re-setting]
Tap " nanaco連携 (Linkage with nanaco) " under the " その他 (Other) " menu in the My Seven Bank App.
Tap " 連携設定を解除する (Cancel the linkage) ".
Tap " nanaco連携 (Linkage with nanaco) " on the " ホーム (Home) " screen.
Make a re-setting following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- ・If you wish to check your nanaco point/money balance on your current card, please access the website of Seven Card Service Co., Ltd. (for nanaco members).
- ・You also need to change the setting if you have linked your nanaco number with other services.
If a new card is not issued
- ・We may not issue you a new card if you have not used the Debit Card Service for a long period or we have decided not to issue one for any other reason.
- ・Upon expiry of your current card, you will be unable to use it for the Debit Card Service or withdrawing cash in local currency via ATMs overseas.
- ・You will be able to continue to use your current card as a cash card without the Debit Function for other services.
- ・If your current card is a Cash Card with Debit Service incorporating nanaco, it will continue to be available as a nanaco Card.
If you wish to have a new Cash Card with Debit Card Service, please apply on or after the 2nd day of the second month following the expiry month.
An application can be made using the Direct Banking Service.
Caution to customers using International Money Transfer Service
- ■Please note that the use of the International Money Transfer Service is partially restricted during the procedure to issue a new card.
- ■The following procedures will not be possible while the procedure to issue a new card is ongoing. Please follow these procedures after you receive your new card.
- ・Change or re-setting of the cash card PIN
- ・Change of the transfer limit under the Direct Banking Service
- ・Change of the transaction limits at ATMs in Japan
- ■The reissuance procedure will not be possible via the Direct Banking Service during the period indicated below.
If you request reissuance due to loss or theft of or damage to your current card, please contact the Contact Center.
From the 20th day of the month three months prior to the expiry month of the card, until the end of the month following the expiry month of the card.